The Brother KX-395 is a plastic convertible machine. The needles are captive in the main part of the bed; the gauge can be changed by swapping the combs. The 9mm combs prevent every other needle from coming forward. The machine uses a sponge strip to tension the needles. The needles are actually midgauge needles (identical to the needles for the LK150).
Patterning capability: the machine has slip and intarsia functions. The carriage can also do plating. Any patterning is selected manually.
- Single bed knitting machine
- Convertible 4.5mm/9mm needle gauge
- Manual patterning: slip, plating, intarsia
- Plastic bed
- 220 needles in 4.5mm gauge & 110 using 9mm gauge
- English 2ply up to aran
Accessories included with machine
- Weighted cast on comb in sections
- 2 claw weights
- Spare needles
- Row counter
- Tension mast
Available accessories (sold separately)
- KA7668 Needle selector device